Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Road Trip Back To Cat City (Kuching)

I am now writing this piece after having survived the road trip from Miri to Kuching. You may be wondering, 'What is the big deal?'.

Well, It took me about 11 hours total to drive from Miri to Kuching on our so called Special highway. My daughter and I started from Miri at 5.00am. Yes, 5.00am. A nice time to sleep and continuing my dream. I actually woke up around 4.00am.

We arrived at Kuching at 4.00pm after a very very late lunch (3.00pm) at Serian, one of the smaller towns about 45 minutes from Kuching City. Wish I have taken a picture but I am sure you can find some pictures of the place on the net. Just do a search.

Yeah, a long and tiring journey as I did not get enough sleep the night before. I slept around midnight to 1.00am.

My ADVICE! So if you decide to make any long road trip, ensure you have enough sleep, else you may doze off while at the wheel. If you doze off while driving, especially when you are taking a bend, you ........ I leave that second part to your imagination. I am sure you will be thinking what I am thinking.

No comments: