Monday, February 20, 2012

Chinese New Year

I spent my time in Kuching, Sarawak for my Chinese New Year with my daughter. Yeah, I did get my kind of 'jet lag' on arrival, meaning, I was worn out...

Anyway, I could not really relax as I have to do cleaning up on the house. The house belongs to my MIL. As she was not around, I just did all the clearing up and washing and preparing the rooms we would be staying in.

The days went by without too much excitement, at least until my other siblings and their families arrived. Then its food food food day in and day out. Well, do not blame us as we were away from Kuching for a while and we missed Kuching food.

CNY finally came and gave us rain from midnight till a week or so later. That is the Water Dragon making its grand entrance. Don't play play huh! It was consiered the wettest CNY i knew for a long long time. We did not really go visiting except to a couple of houses. My main intention is to look-see look-see and taste the original Sarawakian food.

CNY came and went and we went our separate ways back to where we came from. We were the last to leave Kuching, that is 31st of January, back to home sweet home in JB.

To sum it all, a boring trip....

No comments: